Internet make the world a global village, so if you need your website to access every corner of the world then it will be better to make your website multilingual or give the option to translate. WordPress is one of the popular CMS and it has many plugins for this purpose so if you are using WordPress then this is the right place for you as in this article i have compiled a list of 11 great plugins that will help you to access every corner of the world.
You can manage and edit all get text translation files (.po/.mo) directly out of your WordPress Admin Center without any need of an external editor. It automatically detects the get text ready components like WordPress itself or any Plugin / Theme supporting get text, is able to scan the related source files and assists you using Google translate API during translation. This plugin supports WordPress MU and allows explicit WPMU Plugin translation too.
Global Translator automatically translates your blog in 48 different languages. The number of available translations will depend on your blog language and the translation engine you will chose to use.
- Four different translation engines: Google Translation Engine, Babel Fish, Prompt, Free Translations.
- Search Engine Optimized: it uses the permalinks by adding the language code at the beginning of all your URI.
- Fast Caching System: new fast, smart, optimized, self-cleaning and built-in caching system. Drastically reduction of the risk of temporarily ban from translation engines.
- Fully configurable layout: you can easily customize the appearance of the translation bar by choosing between a TABLE or DIV layout for the flags bar and by selecting the number of translations to make available to your visitors
- No database modifications: Global Translator is not intrusive. It doesn’t create or alter any table on your database: this feature permits to obtain better performances.
This plugin allows your readers to translate your blog posts, pages, or comments into 52 languages. The Google AJAX Translation WordPress plugin provides a quick, simple, and light way to add translation to your blog. A “Translate” button can be added to the bottom or top of posts, pages, and/or comments. When the button is clicked a popup window opens showing a list of available languages. You can choose which of the 52 languages to display in the Administration Panel. The list of languages can be shown as text (in the native language of each language), as flag icons, or as both.
Google translation on your sidebar. By adding this widget, the readers are easily to change your language to their languages by just selecting pull down menu. Base language selectable, multi language supported.
mLanguage allows you to write your blog contents in different languages mLanguage adds Multi language Support to your Blog. You have only to write post, tagging each language.
- You have to write only one post/site by tagging the different languages.
- Easily switch between the Languages with the Menu without reloading the site.
- Only displays default Language in the feed with a note at the bottom that this article is also available in other languages.
- Options to add or delete Language Tags or change the default one.
- Change Flags in the Options.
With this plugin you can have a text in multiple languages. Easy to use, no requirements. Just tag parts of your text to be in different languages, and a flag will appear next to the text and allows users to switch between them.
A simple but powerful plugin that will help you to manage the relations of posts, pages, custom post types, categories, tags and custom taxonomies in your multilingual multisite-installation. The plugin is using the flag-icons from FamFamFam.
Adds user friendly multilingual content management and translation support into WordPress. Writing multilingual content is already hard enough, why make using a plugin even more complicated? They created qTranslate to let WordPress have an easy to use interface for managing a fully multilingual web site. qTranslate makes creation of multilingual content as easy as working with a single language.
- qTranslate Services – Professional human and automated machine translation with two clicks.
- One-Click-Switching between the languages – Change the language as easy as switching between Visual and HTML.
- Multilingual dates out of the box – Translates dates and time for you.
- Comes with a lot of languages already built in! – English, German, Simplified Chinese and a lot of others.
- Choose one of 3 Modes to make your URLs pretty and SEO-friendly. – The everywhere compatible ?lang=en, simple and beautiful /en/foo/ or nice and neat en.yoursite.com.
- One language for each URL – Users and SEO will thank you for not mixing multilingual content.
Transposh adds best of breed translation support to WordPress, 65 languages are automatically translated and can be manually corrected with ease. Transposh translation filter for WordPress offers a unique approach to blog translation. It allows your blog to combine automatic translation with human translation aided by your users with an easy to use in-context interface.
- Support for any language – including RTL/LTR layouts.
- Unique drag/drop interface for choosing viewable/translatable languages.
- Multiple selection for widget appearances – with pluggable widgets.
- Translation of external plugins without a need for .po/.mo files.
- Automatic translation mode for all content (including comments!)
- Use either Google Translate,MS Translate or Apertium back-ends – 65 languages supported!
- Automatic translation can be triggered on demand by the readers or on the server side
- RSS feeds are translated too
- Takes care of hidden elements, link tags, meta contents and titles
- Translated languages are searchable
- Buddy press integration
WPML makes it easy to build multilingual sites and run them. It’s powerful enough for corporate sites, yet simple for blogs.
xili-language lets you create and manage multilingual WP site in several languages with yours or most famous localizable themes. Ready for CMS design. xili-language provides for a bilingual (or multilingual) website an automatic selection of language (.mo) in theme according to the language of current post(s) or page. Theme’s behavior can be fully personalized through hooks and api. Ready for CMS developers and designers.
- xili-language plugin provides an automatic selection of language in theme according to the language of displayed post, series of posts, page or articles.
- xili-language select on the fly the multilingual .mo files present in the theme’s folder.
- Themes with localization can be easily transformed for real time multilingual sites.
- xili-language is also dedicated for theme’s creator or webmaster with knowledge in CMS and WP.
- xili-language provides also series of functions which can be hooked in the functions.php file of the theme that you create i.e. for a cms like multilingual website.